۱۳۹۷ تیر ۲۲, جمعه

Removing two words from your vocabulary can change your life.




Removing two words from your vocabulary can change your life.
Language is a fundamental part of understanding life and communicating with the world. It will have an effect on your feelings and your brain depending on how you use it. Bernard Roth actually says that removing two words from your vocabulary can change your life.



It's logical to think about how we, without realizing it, use predetermined phrases, unaware of how they shape the way we think and look at reality. So if you change the way you talk about reality, it's also natural that your vocabulary can change your life.
Bernard Roth is an engineering professor at Stanford University and academic director of Design Institute Hasso-Plattner. He wrote a book called The Achievement Habit. It is about different linguistic formulas that lead to either success or failure. In this article we will talk about two of them.

Removing but from your vocabulary can change your life
The word but is a coordinating conjunction. This means that it brings together two ideas that oppose each other, whether it is to add detail to an assertion, give it more depth or contradict it. If we look at it with a psychological approach, we usually use this word to justify things, postpone them or not make them.
A place we really like to use that much is in phrases such as "Yes, but ..." These two little words are about self-destruction. We find unnecessary or perceived obstacles that pave the way for what we are going to do.

What Professor Roth suggests is to remove the word but from our regular vocabulary. He says that you can change your life if you get rid of it, not to force it to force you to change your perspective. The goal is to replace these but the conjunction and.

For example, by saying, "Instead of saying," I want to quit my relationship but afraid of being alone "say" I want to end my relationship and I'm afraid to be alone. "

But how can you change your life just by changing how to say things? Roth says that when you say, you give yourself two mutually exclusive ways: you take one or the other. If, on the other hand, you use the conjunction and you will see both realities at the same time.

You will not have to force yourself to choose. You can look at your options without having to decide, and then you can see them more objectively and not feel like you're in a hurry.

Replacing the must-do in your vocabulary can change your life
The second major recommendation from Professor Roth is to replace the phrase "I must ..." to "I want ..." When you say "I have to ..." you immediately put yourself in a sphere of commitment.

It is very disappointing, even on its own. That means you may want one thing, but have to do something else even if you do not want to. How to use must put you in a very uncomfortable place.

Talking woman

Bernard Roth says that if you have to do something, it's never because you're committed. In one way or another you have chosen to do so. So by getting rid of the phrase "I have to ..." and replace it with "I want ..." you will accept responsibility for the life you live.

How to remove must be out of his vocabulary
Replace "I have to get ready with this job today, or I will lose my job" to "I want to finish this job today because I will keep the job."
Replace "I have to be patient with my partner, because if I'm not, the person can be upset and leave me" to "I want to be tolerant of my partner because it's a way to deepen our relationship and feel good."
Replace "I have to work out because I gained weight" with "I want to work out so I can feel more comfortable with my body."
Each time you change out, you will immediately replace a negative attitude towards a positive. At the same time, you lift a heavy emotional burden from your shoulders.

So that's why you make a big mistake in your life if you do not remove those words. Your vocabulary can change your life - try yourself and experience the difference!

هیچ نظری موجود نیست:

ارسال یک نظر